Commitment to Health, Safety, Quality and the Environment
We are dedicated to achieving high standards of safety and care. Our systems are consistently monitored and tested to ensure that highest standards are met. Our dedicated regulatory team ensures we fully comply with the Health and Safety at Work Act and other relevant legislation, they ensure that we meet and exceed the standards required to protect all of our employees and any persons likely to be affected by our work operations. JCA are committed to ensuring the health, safety and welfare of all operatives, client staff and others affected by our work in connection with the company’s operations. Our statutory health and safety policy and the associated health and safety manual, which details specific arrangements for particular areas of H&S legislation, are combined into one management system.
The focus of our Policy is to:
• Prevent accidents and ill health to our employees, client staff, subcontractors, third parties and members of the public
• Provide a place of work which is safe and without risk to the health, safety and welfare for all those involved in the project and third parties
• Create a positive health and safety culture and ensure that health and safety is our highest priority
• Consult and communicate with all those involved in the project and listen when feedback is given
• We aim to have no lost time (e.g. schedule 1 or 2 RIDDOR injuries) accidents and minimise all other accidents. Our policy mandates that even the most minor accident or near miss is reported and recorded. This allows trends to be monitored with the emphasis on preventing reoccurrence
• Environmental considerations are fundamental to all progressive organisations and JCA is working hard to make a positive contribution to safeguarding natural resources. We hold ISO 14001 accreditation and continually look to improve our efficiency and reduce our environmental impact.